In December 2012 SPHR@L appointed its own Advisory Group comprising key figures from varying public health and local government, research and practice backgrounds.
Convening for the first time in April 2013, under the Group’s Terms of Reference, this steering body will convene yearly to advise on the development of SPHR@L’s research programme and strategy, and identify links with other initiatives/ partners, and assess its impact.
- Simon Cohn (Reader in Medical Anthropology, LSHTM)
- Gillian Leng (Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Health and Social Care, NICE)
- Paul Lincoln (CEO, UK Health Forum)
- Lesley Mountford (Director of Public Health, Stoke on Trent City Council and Honorary Senior Lecturer, LSHTM)
- David Ogilvie (Programme Leader, MRC Epidemiology Unit and UKCRC Centre for Diet and Activity Research (CEDAR), University of Cambridge)
- Justin Parkhurst (Senior Lecturer in Global Health Policy, LSHTM)
- Mike Sandys (Director of Public Health, Leicestershire County Council)
- Phillip Woodward (Advisory Committee Chair (Public Health & Local Gov.), NICE)
- Dagmar Zeuner (Director of Public Health, Merton and Honorary Senior Lecturer, LSHTM)